1. Where from the stamps/Stamp Papers can be purchased?
The Non-Judicial Stamp papers can be purchased from the Licensed Stamp Vendors.
2. How the stamp papers are reached to the Public?
The Stamp papers of lower denomination of Rs.10/- Rs.20/- are procured from Security Printing Press, Hyderabad and the Higher denomination of Rs.50/- to Rs.25,000/- are procured from India Security Press, Nashik, Maharashtra State. They are distributed to the 6 nodal districts and from there to Sub Treasuries and from Sub Treasuries to the Stamp Vendors, and From Stamp Vendors to the General Public.
3. Who is the authority to place indent to the above presses?
Superintendent of Stamps, Chennai. is the authority to place the Indent to the above Presses.
4. Where from the Revenue Stamp can be purchased?
The Revenue Stamps can be purchased from the Post-Offices.
5. For what value the Revenue Stamp should be affixed?
For the value exceeds Rs.5,000/-, the Revenue Stamps need to be affixed.
6. What are the different denomination of Non-Judicial Stamp papers available?
The different Denomination of Non Judicial stamps Stamp papers are from Rs.10, 20, 50,100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, 15000, 20,000, 25,000.
7. What are the various categories of Stamp Papers available in this State?
They are 13 Categories of Stamps papers which are as follows:
1. Non-Judicial Stamp Papers.
2. Court Fee Papers
3. Court Copy Papers.
4. Court Fee Label.
5. Share Transfer Stamps.
6. Insurance Stamps.
7. Spl.Adhesive Stamps.
8. Foreign Bills.
8. Whether the Stamp Papers can be purchased directly from the Sub-Treasury instead of from the Stamp Vendor?
The Stamp Papers of the value of Rs.10,000/- and above can be purchased directly from the Sub-Treasuries.
9. Where from the refund for the unused Stamp papers can be had?
The refund for the unused stamp papers can be had from the Taluk Office.
As per the para 92(1)(i) under the Chapter VIII – Refunds and Renewals of the Tamil Nadu Stamp Manual, the Revenue Divisional Officers in the Mofussil and the Personal Assistant to the Collector of Madras in the Madras City, are the authority competent to allow refunds of the Stamps subject to the conditions laid down under (a) (b) (c) of Para 92(1)(i) of Chapter-VIII – Refunds and Renewals of the TNSM.
10. Whether there is any alternative in case of non-availability of Non Judicial stamp papers?
Special Adhesive Stamps can be used as alternative in case of non- availability of Non Judicial stamps.
11. Where from the Special Adhesive Stamps can be had?
The Special Adhesive Stamps can be had from the following places in Chennai District
1. O/o. Assistant Superintendent of Stamps, Collectorate Campus, Chennai-1
2. Egmore-Nungambakkam Sub Treasury,
3. Perambur – Purasawalkam Sub Treasury,
4. Fort – Tondiarpet Sub Treasury
5. Mylapore – Triplicane Sub Treasury
6. Mambalam – Guindy Sub Treasury
7. All District/Sub Registrar`s Office
The Special Adhesive Stamps can be had from the District Treasuries in all other Districts.
12. In what denominations the Special Adhesive Stamps are available?
The Special Adhesive Stamps are available in the following denominations
Rs. 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 5000
13. Who are the frequent users of Special Adhesive Stamps ?
Banks and Financial Institutions are the frequent users of Special Adhesive Stamps. The applications received from them in form of deed, skeleton forms, drafts on demand, bills of lading and the like are affixed or denotation by special adhesive stamps. No blank papers will be either pressed or denoted.